Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Plan

                While having a vision and a dream is great, every journey begins with a single step.  And so, I have developed a plan.  Though God may change it or make it happen in other ways, this is the plan He has set before me at this time.
                In order to save paperwork and having to learn a whole lot about business taxes, The Spike will be kept under private ownership, but will be dedicated to the ministry of UCORA and the mission and vision set out. If there is a ministry opportunity for the Spike and its vision and I am unable to attend, as long as there is a trustworthy way and reliable person who can move the vision forward, I will gladly send it for that purpose.

Step 1 is to build the buggy.  Acknowledging the support UCORA has seen over the past 9 years from sponsors and partners of Crawl 4 Christ events, I am seeking most of my parts and components from those supporters in order to support them as well.  Financial expenses for the project will go back to those who supported UCORA and Crawl 4 Christ first. Obviously, the buggy can be designed from basic to extreme, but I want to start with the basic running gear I have to keep costs down.  I will first purchase the Hendrix Motorsports Formula Toy Chassis designed for four passengers, a Formula 4.  Once I have completed that purchase, I will begin putting together the needed accessories and components to complete the build.  The breakdown and desired components are listed later, but simply put I want to establish a running, 5-seat buggy with full safety gear and to be street legal.  Once the rig is completed, I will move on to step 2.
 
from the Hendrix Motorsports website, Formula Toy 2-seat

Step 2 is to buy or acquire a trailer.  The trailer will need to be able to haul more than the vehicle, so an enclosed trailer is my goal.  I want to keep it bumper pull style to allow others to use it and pull when not in use for The Spike.  I already have a ¾ ton truck for towing duties, so that is taken care of. The trailer is also my main source of saying thank you to all who help me in this process.  Each and every name of donors, large or small, will be listed on the trailer.  Sponsors who support UCORA and join me in this project will not only be given space on the few panels of The Spike, but will be given space to show their support on the trailer as well.  I plan to allow Ziglin Designs, another UCORA supporter, to do the wrap when it is ready. 


Step 3 is when I start getting the food preparation supplies ready.  I will purchase a large propane barbecue and possibly a propane fryer, smoker, or other cooking devices.  I also will begin to get a couple large coolers and storage for food supplies, tables and canopies.  


From there, only God knows what great plans he has for this ministry, and I look forward to the time he reveals it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment