Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Dream

                So what is this ministry dream I have?  What is this project?  It’s fairly simple.  I want to show the love of Jesus Christ to people through enjoyment of his creation.  I want people who may have never driven off road, or who have never rock crawled, to see a new sport and see what we do in the safety of a fully equipped buggy.  Or, for those who want to follow and use their own vehicles, I want to spot for them and show them the capabilities their vehicles have, even with little or no modifications at all.  The Spike will be built with the goal in mind that this vehicle can handle anything you throw at it in rock crawling with the control of a well-built crawler, but the ease of driving of your family sedan.  With the growing trend for people not to be able to drive manual transmissions, I have opted to keep the Automatic transmission in the vehicle to make it truly able to be driven by anyone.  Just like I was handed the keys to a buggy in Calico, I want to hand the keys to anyone who wants to drive at events I go to.  If they rather I drive, that’s fine, but my goal is to get them in the driver’s seat.


Then, I want to feed them.  Not just spiritual feeding as mentioned above, but I want to use the buggy as a catalyst to get them there, then feed them a meal and let them enjoy an off road event after party that even their kids will enjoy and everyone will go home knowing that you can have a blast without the need for alcohol or explosives to entertain you.  The Spike will be transported in an enclosed trailer not only big enough to hold the vehicle, but also to hold the basic tools necessary for repairs, and the cooking appliances such as propane grill, tables, and coolers to transform the trailer into a food prep area when not housing the buggy.  Outside, an awning would provide shade for people to just sit and relax while they wait for friends, enjoy a meal, or work on their vehicles.  I want to have the knowledge or team of people available to help when mechanical trouble happens on the trail.  I want to be available to lend a hand and offer resources available to meet people’s needs and help them where they are.  While The Spike is being driven on the trails, I would be prepping the food for the evening and looking forward to the stories when they return.  One side of the trailer could be used to show pictures or movies in the evening as a giant screen.  These are all eventual goals, obviously, but you can see how The Spike will be my foot-in-the-door for ministering to the people in the off road setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment