Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekend Progress


(Click on any images to enlarge)

This weekend started early on Saturday with disconnecting the remaining parts from the firewall and readying the body for complete removal.  By mid morning, the buyer was here with a trailer and we loaded the entire 4Runner on his trailer, then went to his friends house who had a hoist in the shop.

Side Note: Its a small world if you didn't already know that, the friend was a relative of a close friend who I have rescued on the off-road trails from years ago with his own rock crawler Toyota.

Anyway, we off-loaded the 4Runner into his shop, then hoisted the body off and rolled the bare chassis out and back on to the trailer.The entire process only took about 30 minutes.  The ceiling hoist was a huge help.












Back home, the chassis got rolled back in to the garage and put away for the day since we had some family activities to do.  I did manage to drain the fuel from the tank and remove the gas tank.  3 buckets of fuel were removed, it was bad fuel, not good for our van.


I also took some pictures of the Transmission/Transfer case.  It was not the model I expected, it appears to be a A340H, not an A340F which is easier to modify, so I am researching options for this setup.
 

Sunday, after church and some tool shopping (HF sales rock!), I borrowed a steam cleaner and cleaned the entire chassis.  I was having difficulty with the AMP draw needed from the house, so it was not done the best it could, but it is much cleaner now.

 
 



 




Finally, pushed it back into the garage for another week of work.  Hopefully, we will get the engine removed soon and get to cleaning and grinding on the frame.  The chassis should be ready at Hendrix Motor sports by the end of the month, so I will be heading out to get it soon enough.  As I tell my neighbor, then it will look cool, but still be a long way from done.

Anyone have any contacts in the parts world, my list of needs is growing.  I will be contacting the UCORA past sponsors first as a thank you for their generous support in the past years.

That wraps up another weekend of project work.  The kids are back to school now, so my weekends will be a bit tighter with family time, but I hope to get one good day per week work at the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment