Sunday, March 19, 2017

A bit more shop time

Today, we set out to mount the engine on the new bomb-proof engine mounts from Low Range Off Road as well as get the transmission mated to the engine.

After a brief delay due to my stupidity and novice skills...

Side note to non-mechanics.  When you take something apart, it is wise to keep all the hardware in one place and take lots of pictures.  I did that.  But it is even more wise to put each set of hardware in baggies so you are not sorting through tons of stuff to find the 6 matching bolts you know you kept, only to find them in another container later.  Ask me how I know...

As I was saying.  we set out to mount the engine and then attach the transmission.  With the help of a great friend, Randy, who is also the owner of Extreme Overkill Fabrication, we got the engine in place and then were able to attach the transmission.  Actually, it took less time than I expected with my lack of skill in this department.  Thanks again Randy for all your help!

 Now on to the pictures!
Click on any image to enlarge.








No comments:

Post a Comment